- Feb. 19, 2015 – NEW YORK – David Drake attends the TEDxBroadway2015 to be held on 23 February 2015 in New York City.
David Drake, Founder and Chairman of Victoria Global, LDJ Capital and The Soho Loft Media Group will grace the TEDxBroadway 2015 conference. David is an alumnus of the event when he spoke at TEDxBroadway 2014 to answer the question “What’s the Best Broadway Can Be?”.
The half-day conference, currently on its fourth year, takes place on the 23rd February 2015 at the New World Stages, 340 West 50th Street, New York City. The 2015 TEDxBroadway conference will bring together people from different backgrounds including science, entertainment, academics, marketing, technology and more to share, create and stimulate dialogue regarding the present and future of Broadway community. Previously, the TEDxBroadway stage played host to presenters from different walks of life and backgrounds including Grammy, Emmy, Tony, Pulitzer and Oscar award winners as well as notable speakers on education, entrepreneurship, and governance.
According to David Drake, “The mission of TEDxBroadway of sharing ideas resonates well with our focus of educating entrepreneurs and investors through conferences and media. We endeavour to advance and promote strategic, diligent crowdfunding and other alternative financing towards supporting small and medium sized entrepreneurs. Sharing new workable, innovative ideas helps maximize the opportunities in businesses, creating new markets for products and services. All these create paths to economic growth for communities.”
The series of talks will run from 11am to 5pm. Attendees must have registered and checked in at the venue by 11 am. With performers and presenters in attendance, participants will have several activities and surprises throughout the day. It is a time to relax, think and dream of the possibilities that Broadway offers. During this event, live speakers and TED Talks video are combined to create connection with the audience and provoke deep discussions. Speakers will contribute to TEDxBroadway’s central theme, “What’s the best Broadway can be?” in varying ways.
Speakers from diverse backgrounds include:
- Adam Sobel – Professor of Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- Ayad Akhtar – Playwright, Screenwriter and Author
- Benjamin Scheuer – Leader of The Band Escapist, Star and Writer, Autobiographical solo
- Benj Pasek & Justin Paul – Songwriters, Tony Awards Nominees for Broadway musical
- Ben Wellington – Computer scientist and Data Analyst at BroadwayGirlNYC
- Daniel J. Watts – Performer, Activist and Writer
- Elliott Masie – International Expert in the Fields of learning
- Emily Simoness – Founder and Executive Director of SPACE on Ryder Farm
- Kacie Hultgren – Broadway Set Design and a 3-D printing expert
- Kevin Lyman – Creator & Producer of The Vans Warped Tour Show The Lion
- Kirsten Sabia – Vice President of Marketing Services, PGA TOUR
- Dr. Laurie Santos – Associate Professor of Psychology in Yale University
- Leslie Koch – President of The Trust for Governors Island
- Osh Ghanimah- Actor, Founder and CEO of Broadway for All
- Sree Sreenivasan – Chief Digital Officer of Metropolitan Museum of Art
Damian Bazadona , TEDxBroadway Co-organizer and Founder of Situation Interactive says, “Some of the most influential persons today within the Broadway ecosystem attend TEDxBroadway events. However, we want to ensure that future influential persons are in attendance as well.” Damian Bazadona and his counterpart, Jim McCarthy, CEO at Goldstart co-organize this annual event along with a host of other sponsors including Jujamcyn Theaters , Broadway.com and Google.
For more details, visit:
Watch for more events and conferences happening across the country and around the world, the next one may be in your city. To get VIP access to major conferences that intersect finance with key industries and for other exciting perks and benefits, consider the annual membership programs at www.thesoholoft.com/vipmembers.
THE SOHO LOFT Media Group (www.thesoholoft.com)
The Soho Loft Media Group is a global financial media company with 3 divisions:
THE SOHO LOFT CONFERENCES organizes up to 200+ investor-focused global summits, talks and events annually.
TIMES IMPACT PUBLICATIONS produces relevant content on investing and entrepreneurship that are published and syndicated in 100+ leading online publications and growing.
VICTORIA GLOBAL Corporate Communications specializes in client Investor Relations, Public Relations, Branding and Social Media Marketing.
The Soho Loft Media Group is your global partner for your investment and business strategies.
For inquiries, contact [email protected] or call 212.845.9652
Photo credit to usapics.net
This post was originally published on this site