The new iOS app also allows for the creation of multiple email aliases and a simple way to keep track of numerous communications. Shuffle is seeking funds through Indiegogo to make the app available in the App Store.
TORONTO, Canada — In an effort to protect the privacy of individuals in the modern world where personal information can be harvested and abused in many different ways, Shuffle was created. Offering a smart communication solution, the new iOS app allows for multiple unique phone numbers and email addresses, which can be used to communicate privately without exposing personal contact information. Finalization of the app will be accomplished once the company meets its crowdfunding goal of $35,000 through Indiegogo. The campaign will close in a little over a month.
Each disposable Shuffle contact number can be assigned a label that displays on the user’s phone when called, which helps the user recognize what the incoming call is about. All voice calls, voicemail messages, and text messages are grouped by each Shuffle number and can be managed through the app, bringing order to the many communications people deal with.
There are an endless amount of real-world applications for Shuffle that can be helpful for various business or personal needs. Here’s just a few:
- Your Second Phone Number – For everyday use when you don’t want to hand out your personal number to a new contact.
- Classified Ads – Sell your stuff online using your Shuffle number and email alias to avoid contact harvesting and spamming.
- Dating Services – Make your online dating experience more secure by listing a designated Shuffle number instead of a personal phone number. Users can easily cut off communication without having to get a brand new number through a phone company.
- Job Search Portals – Use a Shuffle number and label for each job you apply for in order to be prepared when answering the call.
- Short Term Projects – Create a Shuffle number and label for each one of your short term projects to keep calls, texts and voicemails separated.
- Get A Local Number – Have clients in different states? Now you can offer them a local contact number and have a heads-up about incoming calls.
- Work From Home Business Number – Protect your family’s personal privacy and manage your calls and texts with a Shuffle number.
Shuffle numbers are reserved for 30 days and can be set up to auto-renew or expire depending on your specific needs. If someone is bugging you on a Shuffle number while you still need to keep it active, simply block them and the number will appear to be non-existing.
Shuffle offers free voice calls and text messages between Shuffle users utilizing Wi-Fi or the phone’s data plan. For communication with non-Shuffle contacts, the company offers VoIP text messages and voice call minutes at an affordable rate.
Shuffle is the first app to offer disposable email aliases as an extra layer of privacy in addition to disposable phone numbers. Personal email addresses remain private while using Shuffle’s email forwarding tool. Multiple email aliases can be created and managed through the app. When someone sends an email to the Shuffle alias, it is forwarded to the user’s actual email account.
With the funds raised through Indiegogo, Shuffle plans to finalize integration and testing of their iOS app and release it in the App Store. The company is offering top supporters, those who pledge $169 or more, an invite to join the exclusive inner circle of Shuffle beta testers.
To help them fight for your personal privacy, please support this campaign at http://bit.ly/GoGoShuffle. Plans are underway to launch an Android version in early 2015. If funds are raised above the crowdfunding goal, they will be assigned to the development of the Android app.
Shuffle is a new app developed by Shuffle Ventures, Inc. The Canadian company was founded in March of 2014. Branding and iOS design was done by The Phuse, Inc. and development was handled by CabForward, Inc. Shuffle is launching in the US and Canada with plans to expand to other countries soon thereafter. Visit http://getshuffle.com/ or the Indiegogo campaign at http://bit.ly/GoGoShuffle for more information.
This post was originally published on this site